corker definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a worker or device that corks bottles
- a remarkable person or thing
- an argument, statement, etc. that appears conclusive
- a preposterous lie
Origin: slang senses ; from cork in sense “stopper”
corker definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that corks bottles, for example.
- Slang A remarkable or astounding person or thing.