- The definition of contrariwise is being done or seen in an opposite way.
- An example of contrariwise is how the group started to move to the right after having gone to the left.
- An example of contrariwise is how the ad agency chose to look at changing the campaign proposal.
contrariwise definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- on the contrary; from the opposite point of view
- in the opposite way; in a reversed order, direction, etc.
Origin: Middle English ; from contrary plush -wise
contrariwise definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- From a contrasting point of view.
- In the opposite way or reverse order.
- In a perverse manner.