- The definition of contrariwise is being done or seen in an opposite way.
- An example of contrariwise is how the group started to move to the right after having gone to the left.
- An example of contrariwise is how the ad agency chose to look at changing the campaign proposal.
- on the contrary; from the opposite point of view
- in the opposite way; in a reversed order, direction, etc.
Origin of contrariwiseMiddle English ; from contrary + -wise
- From a contrasting point of view.
- In the opposite way or reverse order.
- In a perverse manner.
- in the contrary or opposite way, order, or direction
- on the other hand
contrary + -wise