- Friendly or cooperative association, as between groups or organizations.
- Ecology A subdivision of an association having one dominant species of plant.
- A political arrangement in which various groups, such as ethnic or racial populations within a country or region, share power according to an agreed formula or mechanism.
- Intimate union; fellowship; alliance; companionship; confederation; association; intimacy.
- Friendly consociation with your kindred elements.
- A voluntary and permanent council or union of neighboring Congregational churches, for mutual advice and cooperation in ecclesiastical matters; a meeting of pastors and delegates from churches thus united.
- In Connecticut some of the Congregational churches are associated in consociations and the others in conferences.
From Latin consociatio.