transitive verb collated, collating
- to compare (texts, data, etc.) critically in order to consolidate, note similarities and differences, etc.
- to gather (the sections of a book, pages of a document, etc.) together in proper order
- to examine (such material) to see that all pages, plates, etc. are in proper order, as for binding
- to examine (a book) to see whether all pages and plates are present
- to appoint (a clergyman) to a benefice
< L collatus, pp. of conferre, to bring together < com-, together + ferre, to bear