- The definition of coexist means to live with or close to another usually in peace.
- A married couple living together is an example of coexist.
- Two plants growing in the same container is an example of to coexist.
coexist definition by Webster's New World
- to exist together, at the same time, or in the same place
- to live together without hostility or conflict despite differences
coexist definition by American Heritage Dictionary
intransitive verb co·ex·ist·ed, co·ex·ist·ing, co·ex·ists
- To exist together, at the same time, or in the same place.
- To live in peace with another or others despite differences, especially as a matter of policy: “recognize and accept, as every President in the nuclear age has, that this means coexisting with the Soviet Union” (McGeorge Bundy).
- coˌex·isˈtence noun
- coˌex·isˈtent adjective