- A married couple living together is an example of coexist.
- Two plants growing in the same container is an example of to coexist.
The definition of coexist means to live with or close to another usually in peace.
- to exist together at the same time or in the same place
- to live together without hostility or conflict despite differences
intransitive verbco·ex·ist·ed, co·ex·ist·ing, co·ex·ists
- To exist together, at the same time, or in the same place.
- To live in peace with another or others despite differences, especially as a matter of policy: “I've been wrestling with the dilemma of how you coexist with those you hate” ( Ariel Dorfman )
(third-person singular simple present coexists, present participle coexisting, simple past and past participle coexisted)
- (intransitive, of two or more things, people, concepts, etc.) To exist contemporaneously or in the same area.