- lacking clues or information
- stupid; obtuse
- ignorant or uninformed, specif. regarding a certain situation or matter: clueless about baseball
The definition of clueless is someone who doesn't know or understand something or is ignorant about a situation.
Someone who thinks their computer is broken when really it's just not plugged in is an example of clueless.
Lacking understanding or knowledge.
(comparative more clueless, superlative most clueless)
clue + -less
- Congratulations on crossing over from the individual who is always clueless and late to the person who is being stopped in public to tell others what time it is.
- Along with original shows, the channel also offers reruns of popular series that aired on other networks, including My So-Called Life, Dawson's Creek, Moesha, Clueless and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Back in 1995, the Paramount feature film Clueless set into motion a new and rather unexpected fashion trend: over-the-knee socks paired with mini skirts.
- Couples in this situation may even forgo creating a wedding registry, leaving you clueless about how to honor them with an appropriate and wanted gift.
- It was amazing how someone could be so perceptive at one moment and clueless the next.