- the art of mapping or describing a region
- a map or description of a particular region
Origin of chorographyClassical Latin chorographia, geography from Classical Greek ch?rographia from ch?ros, open area ( from Indo-European base an unverified form gh?-, to be empty, leave behind from source go) + graphein, to write: see graphic
- The technique of mapping a region or district.
- A description or map of a region.
Origin of chorographyLatin chōrographia from Greek khōrographiā khōros place ; see ghē- in Indo-European roots. -graphiā -graphy
- cho′ro·graph′ic cho′ro·graph′i·cal
From Ancient Greek χῶρος (khōros, “place”) + -graphy.