- the art of mapping or describing a region
- a map or description of a particular region
Origin of chorographyClassical Latin chorographia, geography ; from Classical Greek ch?rographia ; from ch?ros, open area (; from Indo-European base an unverified form gh?-, to be empty, leave behind from source go) + graphein, to write: see graphic
- The technique of mapping a region or district.
- A description or map of a region.
Origin of chorographyLatin ch&omacron;rographia, from Greek kh&omacron;rographia : kh&omacron;ros, place; see gh&emacron;- in Indo-European roots + -graphia, -graphy.
- cho′ro·graph′ic , cho′ro·graph′i·cal
From Ancient Greek χῶρος (khōros, “place”) + -graphy.