nounpl. Choctaw Choctaw or Choc·taws
- A member of a Native American people formerly inhabiting central and southern Mississippi and southwest Alabama. Present-day populations exist in Oklahoma, to which many of the Choctaw were removed in the 1830s, as well as in their former homelands.
- The Muskogean language of the Choctaw.
Origin of ChoctawChoctaw Chahta.
- An aboriginal peoples native to the area currently known as Oklahoma.
- The language of the Choctaw tribe.
- Relating to the Choctaw tribe or its language.
- A person of Choctaw heritage.
Variant of Choctaw