- of or like a cell
- consisting of or containing cells; esp., said of certain porous igneous rock, as pumice
- Of, relating to, or resembling a cell.
- Consisting of or containing a cell or cells: the cellular construction of a beehive; the cellular nature of plant and animal tissue.
- Of or involving the cells of an organization or movement: “The assessment of opposition to any totalitarian regime &ellipsis; is notoriously difficult, for any effective movement must be secretive and cellular” (Anthony Sampson).
- Of or relating to a cellular telephone.
Origin of cellularFrom Latin cellula, cellule; see cellule.
(comparative more cellular, superlative most cellular)
- Of, relating to, consisting of, or resembling a cell or cells.
- (US, informal) A cellular phone (mobile phone).