a light-sensitive electronic detector that converts an image into electronic signals which can be stored, displayed, etc.: used in digital cameras, telescopes, etc.
Origin of CCDc(harge-)c(oupled) d(evice)
- charge-coupled device
- Confraternity of Christian Doctrine
- (metrology) Symbol for the centicandela, an SI unit of luminous intensity equal to 10−2 candelas.
- (biology) Initialism of Colony Collapse Disorder.
- (electronics) Initialism of Charge Coupled Device. (digital camera cell technics)
- (oceanography) Initialism of Carbonate Compensation Depth/Calcium Compensation Depth.
- (photography) a CCD based image sensor