of Catalonia or its people, language, or culture
- a person born or living in Catalonia
- the Romance language spoken mainly in Catalonia, closely related to Provençal: it is spoken also in Valencia, Andorra, the Balearic Islands, W Sardinia, and parts of SW France
Of or relating to Catalonia or its people, language, or culture.
- a. A native or inhabitant of Catalonia.b. A person of Catalan ancestry.
- The Romance language spoken especially in Catalonia, the Balearic Islands, Andorra, and the Roussillon region of France.
Origin of CatalanMiddle English Catalane, possibly from Catalan catalana, from Catalunya, Catalonia.
- Person from or inhabitant of Catalonia.
- The language of Catalonia, an autonomous region in the northeast of Spain. Various dialects are also spoken in the Valencian autonomous region where the language is officially named valencià, the Balearic Islands, Andorra, Roussillon in France and the Sardinian city of Alghero. ISO 639-3 recognizes Valencian as an alternate name for this language.
- Of or pertaining to Catalonia.