A sign designating the highway lane for carpools.
- The definition of a carpool is a group of people traveling together in one vehicle.
- Commuters sharing rides together is an example of a carpool.
- Parents driving other children along with their own to school is an example of a carpool.
- Carpool means to take part in ride sharing with others.
Picking up a co-worker on your way to work is an example of to carpool.
nounalso car pool
- An arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing the costs and often taking turns as the driver.
- A group, as of commuters or parents, participating in a carpool.
verbalso car-pool car·pooled, car·pool·ing, car·pools
(third-person singular simple present carpools, present participle carpooling, simple past and past participle carpooled)
- To travel together in such a pool.