- a hard, sticky candy made with brown sugar, butter, etc.
- the flavor of this candy
- a brown syrup with this flavor
made of, or having the flavor of, butterscotch
- A syrup, sauce, candy, or flavoring made by melting butter and brown sugar together.
- A golden or tawny brown.
Origin of butterscotchAlteration of butterscot : butter + scot, of unknown origin.
(usually uncountable, plural butterscotches)
- Of a light brown colour, like that of butterscotch candy.
- Having the flavour of butterscotch.