- a hard, sticky candy made with brown sugar, butter, etc.
- the flavor of this candy
- a brown syrup with this flavor
made of, or having the flavor of, butterscotch
- A syrup, sauce, candy, or flavoring made by melting butter and brown sugar together.
- A golden or tawny brown.
Origin of butterscotchAlteration of butterscot butter scot of unknown origin
(usually uncountable, plural butterscotches)
- Of a light brown colour, like that of butterscotch candy.
- Having the flavour of butterscotch.
- Although the self-proclaimed "Butterscotch Stallion" has found enormous success as an actor, reportedly banking $10,000,000 for the film The Wedding Crashers, Wilson claims that he never really wanted to be an actor.
- The support from his fans, peers and family, as well as his work on current projects prove that while this "Butterscotch Stallion" may have been down for awhile, no one can count him out just yet.
- Sundaes: Put out all the sundae fixings, including whipped cream, cherries, bananas, nuts and sprinkles, as well as chocolate syrup, butterscotch topping and caramel topping.
- Although brassy tones are usually not wanted, warm golden brown colors such as caramel, toffee, and butterscotch are a beautiful choice to add interest to brunette hair.
- Spring-like in its nose and palate, the aromatic white wine displays pear, apple, and lemon fruit mixed with a bouquet of fresh flowers and butterscotch.