- Nonsense word supposedly imitative of frogs.
- Brekekekex, ko-ax, ko-ax,
- Brekekekex, ko-ax, ko-ax!
- We children of the fountain and the lake
- Let us wake
- Our full choir-shout, as the flutes are ringing out,
- Our symphony of clear-voiced song.
- The song we used to love in the Marshland up above,
- In praise of Dionysus to produce,
- Of Nysaean Dionysus, son of Zeus,
- When the revel-tipsy throng, all crapulous and gay,
- To our precinct reeled along on the holy Pitcher day,
- Brekekekex, ko-ax, ko-ax. -- Chorus of the frogs, from The Frogs of Aristophanes
From Ancient Greek βρεκεκεκέξ (brekekekeks), via Aristophanes.