- Obs. a dagger or stiletto
- a pointed instrument for making holes in cloth
- a long, ornamental hairpin
- a thick, blunt needle for drawing ribbon or tape through a hem, etc.
Origin of bodkinMiddle English boidekyn, bodekin ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- A small, sharply pointed instrument for making holes in fabric or leather.
- A blunt needle for pulling tape or ribbon through a series of loops or a hem.
- A long hairpin, usually with an ornamental head.
- Printing An awl or pick for extracting letters from set type.
- A dagger or stiletto.
Origin of bodkinMiddle English boidekin, of unknown origin.
- Closely wedged between two people.
- to sit bodkin; to travel bodkin