- a statement, usually itemized, of charges for goods or services; invoice
- a statement or list, as a menu, theater program, ship's roster, etc.
- a poster or handbill, esp. one announcing a circus, show, etc.
- the entertainment offered in a theater
- a draft of a law proposed to a lawmaking body
- a bill of exchange
- any promissory note
- a bank note or piece of paper money
- Slang a hundred dollars or a hundred-dollar bill
- Obsolete a written document, esp. one with a seal
- Law a written declaration of charges or complaints filed in a legal action
ME bille < Anglo-L billa, altered < ML bulla, sealed document < L, knob, bubble: see boil