The capital and largest city of Northern Ireland, in the eastern part of the province on an inlet of the Irish Sea. After many years of conflict between Protestants and Catholics, a major peace settlement was signed here in 1998.x
- He was educated at Taunton, Dublin and Belfast, and graduated at Queen's College, Belfast, in 1853.
- Of Belfast on a branch of the Great Northern railway, standing on an eminence.
- It has also been conferred during the closing years of the 19th century by letters patent on other cities - Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol, Sheffield, Leeds, Cardiff, Bradford, Newcastle-on-Tyne, Belfast, Cork.
- Since then it has met in Philadelphia, Belfast, London, Toronto, Glasgow, Washington and Liverpool.
- From Belfast by the Northern Counties (Midland) railway.