- seaport in NE Spain, on the Mediterranean
- city in N Venezuela
- The capital city of Catalonia (Spain).
barcelona - Computer Definition
The code name for AMD's quad-core chip introduced in 2007. With many enhancements for virtualization, instruction execution and memory bandwidth, the Barcelona has four separate processors, each having its own dedicated L1 and L2 caches. All processors share the same L3 cache. Using 48-bit addressing, the Barcelona can work with up to 256 terabytes of physical memory. See Opteron and quad core.
- In 1842 he was sent to Barcelona, and soon afterwards promoted to the grade of consulgeneral.
- The town dates from 1637, when it was located at the foot of the Cerro Santo and was called Nueva Barcelona; it reached a state of much prosperity and commercial importance before the end of the century.
- Barcelona, Spain (Province) >>
- Of Barcelona, with which it is connected by rail.
- Its more important towns are the capital, Barcelona, Maturin (pop. 14,473), capital.