- of or having to do with Francis Bacon or his philosophy, esp. his belief that truth is discovered through empirical observation and induction
- designating or of the theory alleging that Francis Bacon wrote Shakespeare's works
- one who accepts the Baconian philosophy
- one who supports the Baconian theory
Of, relating to, or characteristic of the works or thought of the philosopher Francis Bacon.
- A follower of the doctrines of Francis Bacon.
- One who believes in the Baconian theory.
(comparative more Baconian, superlative most Baconian)
- One who believes that Francis Bacon wrote the plays attributed to Shakespeare.
Bacon + -ian