bacillary[bas′ə ler′ē, bə sil′ər ē]
bacillary definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- rod-shaped; bacilliform
- consisting of rodlike structures
- of, like, characterized by, or caused by bacilli
Origin: Modern Latin bacillarius: see bacillus
bacillary definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Shaped like a rod or rods.
- a. Consisting of small rods or rodlike structures.b. Caused by, relating to, or resembling bacilli: bacillary dysentery.
Origin: From bacillus.
bacillary - Medical Definition
- Shaped like a rod.
- Consisting of small rods or rodlike structures.
- Caused by, relating to, or resembling bacilli.