axial definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of or like an axis
- forming an axis
- around, on, or along an axis
axial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Relating to, characterized by, or forming an axis.
- Located on, around, or in the direction of an axis.
- axˌi·alˈi·ty noun
- axˈi·al·ly adverb
axial - Medical Definition
- Relating to or characterized by an axis; axile.
- Relating to or situated in the head and trunk region of the body.
- Relating to or parallel with the long axis of a tooth.