- of or like an axis
- forming an axis
- around, on, or along an axis
- Relating to, characterized by, or forming an axis.
- Located on, around, or in the direction of an axis.
(comparative more axial, superlative most axial)
- Of or pertaining to an axis; of the nature of, or resembling, an axis; around an axis.
- Belonging to the axis of the body; as, the axial skeleton; or to the axis of any appendage or organ; as, the axial bones.
- (botany) in the same direction as the axis, parallel to the axis.
- the secondary xylem usually consists of axial and radial elements