Asian pearAsian pear
- A tree (Pyrus pyrifolia) of the rose family, native to China and widely cultivated for its edible, round, firm, juicy fruit.
- The fruit of this plant. Also called In both senses also called Chinese Pear . Also called Japanese pear . Also called nashi .
(plural Asian pears)
- A fruit from species of pear from northeastern Asia, known better for their crisp, juicy texture then for their flavor
- the apple pear or Chinese pear, Pyrus pyrifolia
- the Chinese white pear or ya li pear, Pyrus Ã— bretschneideri