The amount that an arm or arms can hold.
- You shouldn't wait to bring up the issue until she's standing in the middle of the department store lingerie section with an armful of barely-there bras she loves.
- Going on foot to the department stores to try on an armful of dresses probably won't be your best bet.
- Soon she'll be out with an armful of affordable wedding dresses.
- The angel looked up at him doubtfully then picked his way across roots to the pocket in the tree trunk. Rhyn scavenged for what dry wood he could find and took the armful back to the tree. Toby was huddled in the small cave, shaking with cold.
- They were so familiar that at length one alighted on an armful of wood which I was carrying in, and pecked at the sticks without fear.