(comparative more appositionally, superlative most appositionally)
- In an appositional manner.
Variant of apposition
- an apposing or being apposed; putting side by side
- the position resulting from this
- the placing of a word or expression beside another so that the second explains and has the same grammatical construction as the first
- the relationship between such terms (Ex.: my cousin is in apposition with Mary in “Mary, my cousin, is here”)
Origin of appositionClassical Latin appositio, a setting before ; from appositus: see appose