- an antitoxin for venom, as of snakes, produced in animals by gradually increased injections of the specific venom
- a serum, taken from these animals, containing this antitoxin, used for emergenciesalso called an·ti·ven′om
Origin of antiveninanti- + venin
- An antitoxin active against the venom of a snake, spider, or other venomous animal or insect.
- An animal serum containing antivenins. It is used in medicine to treat poisoning caused by animal or insect venom.
Origin of antiveninanti- ven(om) -in
- An antitoxin for treating bites from venomous animals as such as snakes and spiders.
- A serum containing antivenins.
anti- + venin