- Of or pertaining to an antistrophe.
Variant of antistrophe
- in the ancient Greek theater,
- the return movement, from left to right of the stage, made by the chorus in answering the previous strophe
- the part of the choric song performed during this
- in a Pindaric ode, the stanza, usually in the same or similar form, which follows the strophe
- in poems with contrasting or parallel stanza systems, a stanza of the second system
Origin of antistropheLate Latin ; from Classical Greek antistrophē ; from antistrephein, to turn about ; from anti-, against, opposite + strephein, to turn: see strophe