Origin of altimeteralti- + -meter
an instrument for measuring height above a given reference level, as the sea or ground: in aircraft it is either an aneroid barometer with a dial marked in feet or meters or an instrument using radar
An instrument for determining elevation, especially an aneroid barometer used in aircraft that senses pressure changes accompanying changes in altitude.
Origin of altimeterLatin altus high ; see al-2 in Indo-European roots. -meter
Coined based on Latin altus (“high”) + meter.
- Timex Men's Expedition Adventure Tech Altimeter Barometer Watch (Model T41531) - The Timex Men's Expedition Adventure Tech Altimeter Barometer Watch has futuristic styling with a distinctive gray and orange band.
- Beyond basic GPS and time, this watch also includes a compass, a barometer and an altimeter.
- T-Touch Expert Titanium: An understated yet elegant facade stylishly mutes the watch's ability to provide options such as weather reports, altimeter readings, a compass and alarm functions by touching the watch's crystal.
- In addition to the sturdy titanium case and polyurethane strap, this model offers a digital compass that updates on the fly, a 1,000 hour chronograph, weather barometer, altimeter, altitude alarms and a hydration alarm.
- Casio Men's Pathfinder Altimeter/Barometer/ Digital Compass Solar Digital Watch (Model PAG80-1V) - this watch features a built-in digital compass with an altimeter, barometer and thermometer.