(ôl′ə mer′i kən)
- made up entirely of Americans or American parts
- representative of the U.S. as a whole, or chosen as the best in the U.S.
- of all the Americas
- a hypothetical football team or other team made up of college players voted the best of the year in the U.S.
- a player chosen for such a team
See all-American in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Representative of the people of the United States or their ideals; typically American: an all-American family; their all-American generosity.
- Sports Chosen as the best amateur in the United States at a particular position or event: an all-American fullback.
- Composed entirely of Americans or American materials: an all-American negotiating team; cars of all-American manufacture.
- Of all the American nations: an all-American conference.
often All-American An all-American athlete.
Learn more about all-American