- a strong, brave Greek warrior in the Trojan War who kills himself when Achilles' armor is given to Odysseuscalled Ajax Tel′a·mon
- one of the swiftest runners among the Greek warriors in the Trojan Warcalled Ajax the Less
Origin of AjaxClassical Latin from Classical Greek Aias
- The son of Telamon of Salamis and a warrior of great stature and prowess who fought against Troy.
- The son of Ileus of Locris and a warrior of small stature and arrogant character who fought against Troy.
- (computing) A group of techniques for creating interactive Web applications, in which applications can retrieve data from the server asynchronously in the background without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.
- (Greek mythology) Either of two heroes of the Trojan War.
From Latin Aiāx, from Ancient Greek Αἴας (Aias).
- (sports) Ajax Amsterdam
ajax - Computer Definition