Abba is a word for god.
- An example of Abba is God.
- An example of Abba is a bishop in a Syrian church.
The definition of abba is a word used for God, or a title for some church leaders in some Syrian, Egyptian and Ethiopian churches.
- father: title of a bishop in the Syrian, Coptic, and Ethiopian Christian churches
- [A-]Bible God: Mark 14:36
Origin of abbaMiddle English from Ecclesiastical Late Latin from Aramaic
aba (sense )
- Bible In the New Testament, God.
- abba Used as a title of honor for bishops and patriarchs in some Christian churches of Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia.
Origin of AbbaMiddle English from Late Latin abbā from Greek; see abbot .
- Alternative form of aba.