A city of northern California on San Francisco Bay at the northern terminus of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is a residential community and a popular boating resort.x
- The Powell-Hyde cable car goes right by the hotel, right past Chinatown, over Nob Hill, past Lombard_Street - "the crookedist street" - and on to Fisherman's Wharf where boats depart for Sausalito, Tiburon and Alcatraz Island.
- Visit the hidden Marin county treasure of Sausalito, a perfect place for lunching, shopping, and exploring a city with almost as much history and value as San Francisco itself.
- The 1.7-mile bridge connects the city of San Francisco with Marin County, home to art community of Sausalito, Muir Woods, and gateway to the California wine country.
- Many of the companies will also package their tours with visits to Muir Woods, Sonoma Plaza, Sausalito, Monterey and other sights of interest along the wine routes.
- The Preventive Medicine Research Institute in Sausalito, California, surveyed thousands of people regarding the effects of yoga on weight loss.