Origin of NazarethClassical Hebrew (language) natz?rath
A town of northern Israel southeast of Haifa. Settled in prehistoric times, it is first mentioned in the New Testament as the boyhood home of Jesus. The modern town is a trade center and pilgrimage site.x
- Trani-Nazareth-Barletta, Bisceglie.
- " Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee."
- If the Fourth Gospel is to be trusted, John had already recognized and acclaimed Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah for whom the Jews were looking.
- He has, however, independent narratives of the visit of Jesus to Nazareth (iv.
- Other noteworthy buildings are the Franciscan and Trappist monasteries, a girls' school, belonging to the Sisterhood of the Sacred Blood of Nazareth, a real-school and a Turkish bazaar.