Origin of Mendocinofrom Sp, probably from Mendoza, surname of a viceroy of New Spain
- Granted, both Mendocino and Lake County are not as easy to get to and you feel that you are traveling alot of backroads sometimes, but the road makes for a worthy journey.
- The Mendocino hotel is a beautifully restored hotel in the heart of Mendocino, a historic lumber port along the same shipping route as Crescent City.
- Parts of Mendocino and Sonoma are directly exposed to the sea and are becoming known for cooler-climate wines, Pinot Noir in particular.
- The 2005 version of their medium-bodied Mendocino County Pinot Noir from some unnamed winery is succulent, fruit-rich, and balanced.
- Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles, Mendocino, Santa Barbara…if you've gone wine tasting, chances are you went to one of these regions.