Misleading information or outright lies presented as factual reporting.Created with the intent to deceive and confuse, making it difficult for people to know what is true and what is false.
Originally sensational stories spread on social media, fake news has made its way into mainstream media, often with a political agenda.
- There’s so much fake news out there, I don’t know who to trust anymore.
- Is fake news a bigger problem within the mainstream media than most people are willing to admit?
- The key motivation behind fake news could be political, but it can also have dramatic financial benefits too.
- Stories that originate from anonymous fake news websites aren’t held to the same ethical standards as traditional media.
- Fake news can take on several different forms, and citizens must be vigilant in identifying it.