Misleading information or outright lies presented as factual reporting.Created with the intent to deceive and confuse, making it difficult for people to know what is true and what is false.
Originally sensational stories spread on social media, fake news has made its way into mainstream media, often with a political agenda.
- That’s just a story the fake news media machine conjured up to sully my good name.
- There’s so much fake news out there, I don’t know who to trust anymore.
- One of the biggest challenges for social networks is how they are going to mitigate the distribution of fake news on their platforms, if at all.
- Fake news isn’t a new thing. It’s just that the immediacy and virality of the social web has facilitated its rapid growth.
- Is fake news a bigger problem within the mainstream media than most people are willing to admit?