Origin of Evanstonafter Dr. John Evans (1814-97), civic leader and principal founder of Northwestern University
A city of northeast Illinois on Lake Michigan north of Chicago. Mainly residential, it is the seat of Northwestern University (chartered 1851).x
- American Massage Therapy Association. 820 Davis Street, Suite 100, Evanston, IL 60201.
- Zen Shiatsu is located at 825-A Chicago Avenue, Evanston, Illinois, 60202.
- The retail store is located at 702 Main Street, Evanston, Illinois, 60202.
- There were in 1907 more than forty other universities and colleges in the state, the most important being the University of Chicago, North-western University at Evanston, Illinois Wesleyan University at Bloomington, Knox College, Galesburg, and Illinois College at Jacksonville.
- The principal cities of the state (with population) in 1900 were: Cheyenne, 14,087; Laramie, 8207; Rock Springs, 4363; Rawlins, 2317, and Evanston, 2110.