- This heresy was condemned by the synod of Dort 0619).
- These articles, however, never came into operation; and the decisions of the synod of Dort in 1578, which made the Church independent were equally fruitless.
- Already at his summons the states of Holland had Orange takes up met at Dort (July 15) under the presidency of Philip his resi- de Marnix, lord of Sainte Aldegonde, and they had deuce at unanimously recognized William as their lawful stadt- Delft.
- CORNELIUS DE WITT (1623-1672), brother of John de Witt, was born at Dort in 1623.
- In 1650 he became burgomaster of Dort and member of the states of Holland and West Friesland.