- Follen, was born at Romrod in Hesse-Darmstadt, on the 5th of September 1795.
- In 1820 he retired with a pension his estate at Hornau, near Hochst, in Hesse-Darmstadt; but as a member of the first chamber of the states of the grand-duchy he continued to take an active share in the promotion of measures for the welfare of his country.
- He died at Darmstadt on the 22nd of May 1880.
- Then I hope to divide up Germany into categories based on German states - perhaps something along the lines of Category:Prussia, Category:Bavaria, Category:WÃ¼rttemberg, Category:Baden, Category:Hesse-Darmstadt, Category:Saxony, and Category:Small German states, or some such.
- He retired to Darmstadt, where he practised as a physician and contributed regularly to pathological and physiological magazines.