A city of south-central Cuba on Cienfuegos Bay, a narrow-necked inlet of the Caribbean Sea. The city is a port and a trade and processing center.x
- Shore running westward Guantanamo, Santiago and Cienfuegos, are harbours of the first class, several of them among the best of the world.
- Villa Clara, Trinidad, Remedios, Cienfuegos and Sancti Spiritus - between Cienfuegos and Sancti Spiritus; and Tierra Adentro, referring to the region between Cienfuegos and Bayamo.
- The Guama cascade in Oriente province and the Hanabanilla Fall near Cienfuegos (each more than 300 ft.
- The lowlands about Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Mariel and Matanzas are noted for their richness.
- Three-fourths of all are in the jurisdictions of Cienfuegos, Cardenas, Havana, Matanzas and Sagua la Grande, which are the great sugar centres of the island (three-fourths of the crop coming from Matanzas and Santa Clara provinces).