- having trim, simple lines; tailored
- as if made to meet particular conditions: we found a sofa tailor-made for our small apartment
A woman gets a tailor-made wedding dress.
- The definition of tailor-made is made specifically for someone or for a specific purpose.
- An example of tailor-made is a wedding dress that the bride sketched herself.
- An example of tailor-made is a book written only for a very specific audience.
- Tailor-made is defined as something that is designed for a specific person or audience.
An example of tailor-made is a custom wedding gown.
made by or as by a tailor; specif.,
- Made by a tailor.
- Perfectly fitted to a condition, preference, or purpose; made or as if made to order: tailor-made renovations.
A garment made by a tailor.
- Consulting with a professional trainer to come up with a tailor-made workout is the best way to begin, but if that is unavailable to you, you can find a variety of workouts online, and in books and magazines.
- You may find a unique garment for your child that not only fits him or her perfectly, but is also a fine quality piece that's tailor-made for a special event.
- They also offer level and decreasing life insurance, single and joint coverage, and can help you buy an insurance product tailor-made for specific additions based on your personal needs.
- Even when the majority of men had their clothes tailor-made, the best suits could always be spotted by a discerning eye, and everyone knew this was a man of some stature.
- As of 2009, the 30 minute format seems tailor-made for the daytime drama and the show runners do not appear to be planning to change that any time in the future.