A portrait of Shakespeare.
Shakespeare is a famous English poet and playwright who lived from 1564-1616 and produced countless sonnets and plays.
A famous English playwright who wrote Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet is an example of Shakespeare.
- Shakespeare remains so popular because he wrote about timeless human experiences: love and fear and envy, anger and revenge and jealousy, ambition and regret and guilt.
- Many of these were not pure Shakespeare; and he is credited with the addition of a dying speech to the text of Macbeth.
- In Shakespeare (2 Henry IV.
- The breaking of such a promissory oath was called " perjury " (as in classical Latin and in Shakespeare), contrary to modern usage which confines the word to false evidence before a court of justice.
- The principal modern monument to the poet's memory in Stratford is the Shakespeare Memorial, a semi-Gothic building of brick, stone and timber, erected in 1877 to contain a theatre, picture gallery and library.