- Present participle of pursue.
Two police officers pursuing a suspect.
- An example of pursuing is a group of police officers chasing a criminal.
- An example of pursuing is a young adult following her dream to become a doctor.
Pursuing is defined as chasing or continuing.
- The French who had been pursuing him stopped.
- "I can't lose her," he said, sweating with fear. Kris started forward again, pursuing Hannah.
- "You're not pursuing us, because I was right about something," he said.
- Then the voyage homeward began, Medea accompanying Jason, and Aeetes pursuing them.
- Beresford's attack, after hard fighting over difficult ground, was repulsed, when Wellington, perceiving that the pursuing French had left a central part of the heights unoccupied, thrust up the Light Division into it, between Soult's right and centre.