- An example of someone worshipful is the follower of a cult leader.
- An example of something worshipful is the congregation of a very devout church.
The definition of worshipful is showing devotion or reverence.
- Chiefly Brit. worthy of being worshiped; honorable; respected: used, capitalized and usually preceded by the, as an honorific epithet for magistrates, groups, certain lodge officials, etc.
- feeling or offering great devotion or respect
- Given to or expressive of worship; reverent or adoring.
- Chiefly British Used as a respectful form of address.
(comparative more worshipful, superlative most worshipful)
- (UK) a respectful form of address used in the name of livery companies (such as "The Worshipful Company of Scriveners")