- a European climbing honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum) with fragrant, yellowish-white flowers
- any of various other honeysuckles
- a tendril-climbing vine (Parthenocissus quinquefolia) of the grape family, growing in E North America and having palmately compound leaves with five leaflets and green flower clusters that produce dark-blue, inedible berries
Origin of woodbineMiddle English wodebinde from Old English wudubinde from wudu, wood + binde from bindan, to bind
- Any of various climbing vines, especially a European honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum) having yellowish flowers.
- See Virginia creeper.
Origin of woodbineMiddle English wodebinde from Old English wudubinde wudu wood binde wreath ( from bindan to bind ; see bhendh- in Indo-European roots.)
- A cigarette of this brand