wild ricewild rice
- a tall, annual, aquatic grass (Zizania aquatica) of the U.S. and Canada, found along the marshy borders of lakes and streams
- its edible grain
- Any of several aquatic grasses of the genus Zizania of North America and Asia, especially Z. palustris of north-central North America, which is harvested for its edible grain.
- The grain of any of these plants.
(usually uncountable, plural wild rices)
- Any one of the four species of grasses which form the genus Zizania, which have edible grains and edible stems.
- The edible grain (the edible rice) which is harvested from these grasses.