- a pine (Pinus strobus) of E North America, with bluish-green or grayish-green needles in bundles of five, hanging brown cones, and soft, light wood
- the wood of this tree
- any of various closely related pines having needles in groups of five
- A timber tree (Pinus strobus) of eastern North America, having needles in clusters of five and durable, easily worked wood.
- Any of several other pines having needles in clusters of five, especially P. monticola of western North America.
- The wood of certain of these trees, especially P. strobus.
(plural white pines)
- Pinus strobus