used to express variously relief, surprise, dismay, or disgust: an exclamation or a sharp breathing sound
Origin of whewechoic
Used to express strong emotion, such as relief or amazement.
- An expressive sound made indicating the release of one's inner tension; the release of breath; an expression of relief.
- (from strenuous labour) Whew! That box weighs a ton!
- (from intense concern) Whew! Thank goodness youÊ¼re safe! I thought something terrible had happened to you!
- (from fear of being seen) Whew! That cop didnÊ¼t see me! That was a close call!
- An expression of amazement or surprise.