- An example of a well informed person is someone who watches the news.
- An example of a well informed opinion is one where the person forming the opinion has studied up on his facts.
The definition of well informed is someone who knows a lot about a given subject, or is something formed or created based on underlying knowledge.
- having thorough knowledge of a subject
- having considerable knowledge of many subjects, esp. those of current interest
(comparative better-informed or more well-informed, superlative best-informed or most well-informed)
- Furnished with sufficient, correct knowledge