One that removes weeds, as from a garden.
weed +â€Ž -er
Variant of weed
- any undesired, uncultivated plant, esp. one growing in profusion so as to crowd out a desired crop, disfigure a lawn, etc.
- tobacco: with the
- a cigar or cigarette
- something useless; specif., a horse that is unfit for racing or breeding
Origin of weedMiddle English weede ; from Old English weod, akin to Low German wēd: base only in West Germanic
- to remove the weeds from (a garden, lawn, etc.)
- to remove (a weed): often with out
- to remove as useless, harmful, etc.: often with out
- to rid of elements regarded as useless, harmful, etc.
to remove weeds, etc.