any of a genus (Hydrophyllum) of perennial plants of the waterleaf family, with white or bluish, bell-shaped flowers
designating a family (Hydrophyllaceae, order Solanales) of chiefly North American dicotyledonous plants with a cymose inflorescence and capsular fruit, including the nemophilas
Any of various North American herbaceous plants of the genus Hydrophyllum, having pinnately lobed often spotted leaves and terminal cymose clusters of white or purplish flowers.
- (botany) Any plant of the genus Hydrophyllum.
- (botany) Any plant of Hydrophyllaceae, the waterleaf family.
- A tropical plant (Talinum fruticosum), the leaves of which are eaten as a vegetable.
- (architecture) A leaf-shaped decoration used on the capitals of columns in late 12th-century Romanesque architecture
- (paper technology) An absorbent unsized paper like blotters as opposed to slake-sized or hard sized papers.