wash and wearwash-and-wear
The definition of wash and wear is an item of clothing that can be laundered at home and then put on as attire right away without any need to iron.
An example of wash and wear is a wrinkle-resistant shirt that can go in the laundry and dryer with no need to iron before wearing.
Treated so as to be easily or quickly washed or rinsed clean and to require little or no ironing. Used of clothes and linens: a wash-and-wear shirt.
- that requires no ironing after being washed and dried
- Since cotton is relatively easy to care for and is generally fairly wash-and-wear, you don't have to worry about saving a sweater dress made from cotton for a special occasion like you might with an angora sweater dress.
- While many short styles are easy wash-and-wear looks, they do require more frequent trims to be kept looking their best.
- A black jersey cocktail dress is a great way to sneak some wash-and-wear ease into your lifestyle.
- The shirts are made of 100 percent cotton, which means easy wash-and-wear care for busy grownups.